- Do you see and hear hateful language and behaviour in your youth work setting?
- Do you wonder about the best ways to respond that will be transformative for the person causing the harm and keeps the targets of hate safe and supported?
- Can it be hard to identify and name what you’ve observed as hateful: sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, disablist, faith based hate etc.?
- Can it be hard to manage it?
- Are you keen to explore your own practice and learn how to create the conditions for transformation to take place?
Focused on the youth worker, and their practice, this training looks at self-awareness, and how to take a needs based approach. Hate and discrimination will not be changed by taking a punitive approach; this training develops ways to connect with young people who cause hurt in a way that creates avenues toward real and lasting change.