In the evolving landscape of youth work in Ireland, it has never been more important to support youth workers to be effective in safeguarding children and young people online.
By the end of this eLearning you will:
- Have an awareness for what young people are doing online and how they use technology
- Understand the opportunities that can exist for young people online
- Have developed your own digital awareness and confidence in addressing key components to online safety
- Be familiar with the concepts of digital citizenship and digital resilience for young people
- Understand key risks and challenges that young people may face online
- Understand how young people can be better protected online and the ways you might support them
- Have developed skills to support young people and empower them have safe experiences online
- Have resources to support you to help young people keep safe online
What does it involve?
This eLearning consists of 6 modules that must be completed in order. There is an accompanying Training Support Manual to this course. At the end of the course there is a short assessment for you to test your learning. You must complete the assessment successfully to receive your Certificate of Completion.
The course takes approximately 2- 2.5 hours to complete overall.
Over 6 modules you will cover the following topics:
- Module One The Online World: Putting Online Safety in Context (20 minutes)
- Module Two The Online World: Digital Awareness and Skills (30 minutes)
- Module Three Online Abuse: Cyberbullying (15 minutes)
- Module Four Online Abuse: Sexual Abuse (15 minutes)
- Module Five Online Abuse: Explicit Images (25 minutes)
- Module Six Online Abuse: Inappropriate Content (15 minutes)