We live in an interconnected world and are influenced everyday by globalisation through the food we eat, the music we listen to, what we buy, what we drink, how and with whom we communicate, and how we live. Through this training, we will look at Globalisation – the issues, the opportunities and challenges – what brings the world together and how global issues and relationships (both seen, and unseen) are relevant to youth work in Ireland.
This half day or full day training focuses on Globalisation and our relationship and connection to a globalised world. Relationships and connection are core principles of youth work, in working with young people. It is these everyday interactions, conversations, stories, that define the culture of a group and organisation. Understanding just how we are interconnected at a personal, local, national, and global level with global issues and global movements is also important in supporting the development of young people and working with groups of young people.
Participating in this workshop you will:
- Look at the theme of Globalisation.
- Gain an understanding about Globalisation and what it looks like to be part of a growing globalised world.
- Learn new methodologies to better understand Globalisation.
- See how Globalisation is linked to the personal and local lives of young people.
- Engage on different topics and global issues.
- Learn new activities to use in your work and with groups.