This training programme is aimed at staff and volunteers in the youth sector, working with young people with general responsibilities in relation to safeguarding, but who do not have specific responsibilities in their role in relation to child protection. Training duration varies depending on the requirements but is typically 4 hours in length.
Date & time
This course is available by request only, and is not scheduled to date. Please contact us if you wish to book this course.
Approx. 16 participants
- Have an understanding of the relevance of child safeguarding and protection to their work;
- Be aware of the broader context for this work (legislation and guidelines)
- Have explored a range of attitudes in relation to this issue;
- Be aware of the definitions of child abuse;
- Be aware of how workers might become aware of/have concerns about abuse
- Have an understanding of the steps in a recruitment and selection process for those working with children/young people;
- Have an understanding of possible responses to dealing with disclosures/concerns/suspicions;
- Be aware of reporting procedures and responsibilities;
- Have explored how to work safely with young people
- Staff and volunteers in the youth sector.
- NYCI National Child Protection Programme