Aware provide support, information and training, online and in person, to people over 18 years who are experiencing depression, anxiety and related conditions. It also provides support to families and friends of people with a life experience of depression or bipolar disorder. Its services include:
- Freephone HELPLINE: 1800 80 48 48 Monday to Saturday 10am – 10 pm.
- Email support: firstname.lastname@example.org provides a next day response (Monday- Friday).
- Aware Support Groups: these groups, located around the country, offer an opportunity to talk openly about depression or bipolar disorder and its impact.
- Relatives Education Programme: for people with someone in their life experiencing depression or bipolar disorder.
- 2017 Lecture series: Attend in person (Dublin) or listen back online to the many topics discussed.
- Life Skills Programmes (online): learn how to manage feelings of stress, worry, anxiety or depression, and learn simple and practical skills to help cope with life’s challenges.
- Life Skills Programme (group): take place in locations around the country and allows participants to learn some of the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and apply them to their own life.
For details of these and other services Aware provide check their website