STEAM in Youth Work is a two-year project that aims to deepen the capacity of the youth work sector to:
- use STEAM to improve the lives of young people
- deliver inspiring, hands-on STEAM education and public engagement (EPE) projects.
Through training, continuous professional development programmes, 10 partnership projects with frontline organisations, resource and equipment dissemination, youth workers will:
- Lead the delivery of in-depth STEAM projects that have been co-created with young people to respond to local need.
- Engage young people in debate around STEAM themes emerging as important during Covid-19 (e.g. viruses, circular economies, gaming addiction).
- Deliver education programmes that fuse science and art (e.g. sound/music).
- Use innovative blended youth work methodologies.
This project is funded by the Science Foundation of Ireland.