SKILLS SUMMARY: “SHARE YOUR STORY” CALLOUT
Tell us the story of your Skills Summary journey! We are curious to know why and how you have been using Skills Summary, and how it makes a difference for you.
You can capture your experience, with any theme or topic, and in any format – it could be a video, photography, an essay, poetry, a painting, an audio clip, collage, or any other format you feel comfortable with.
Tell us what your Skills Summary journey has looked like and you could win €100!
- What you have learnt about yourself?
- Did you experience something unexpected?
- Have you discovered a new strength or improved your confidence?
- Have there been any obstacles you have overcome?
- Has there been another figure, such as a youth worker, who helped you along this journey?
- Have you found your dream job – or your life path towards it?
- How has Skills Summary helped you?
What’s important here
- Your story
- The depth of your experience
- Creativity – be yourself!
- The process of learning
What’s not important here
- The amount of skills completed, or the skills levels reached
- How long you have been using Skills Summary for
- The end result of your journey
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entries must be submitted by the 8th November 2020.
- Submitters must be an active user on www.skillssummary.ie under their own name, using the same email address as for Skills Summary, and for their own skills development. They should have used Skills Summary at least three times by the time they submit their entry.
- To be eligible to participate and win a prize, you must be living in Ireland and have an address in Ireland where the prize can be sent.
- Young people under the age of 18 must submit a completed consent form to be eligible to participate.
- Submissions may be no longer than:
- 3 minutes for a video or an audio clip and in .mp4/.mp3 format respectively
- 10 photographs for photography or other artwork and in .jpg format
- 2 pages for essay, poetry, photo stories or other documents, and be openable as a Word document or PDF
- All submissions must be respectful of others and not contain any profanity.
- By submitting your work, you are giving the National Youth Council of Ireland permission to use and reproduce the material you submit, in print, online or otherwise, to promote our programme, or other related activities, and to contact you in relation to the Skills Summary project.
- If you change your mind about the presentation of your work, it can be removed from the website upon contacting NYCI on email@example.com. However, please be aware that if material is used in print it is not possible for us to remove it once it has been published.
- By submitting personal information (including but not limited to: names, ages, photos and videos or any other media) to the National Youth Council of Ireland as part of your entry into the ‘Share your story’ callout, you are giving your consent for the National Youth Council of Ireland to store and process that information for the purposes of processing your entry and for the running of the Skills Summary project.
- The callout will not fall into categories and all works will be judged equally and together. Judging will look for a creative and considered approach, the emphasis is not on the learning outcome but the process. There will be a €100 one-for-all voucher awarded to five submissions and the winners will be announced by 27th November 2020.