One World Week Mini Grants
Application Form 2019
Mini Grants for activities and events related to One World Week are now available from NYCI. Grant applications of up to a maximum of €400 will be considered. The deadline for receipt of your application is Friday 28th September. Applications will not be considered after this date. If you have arranged OWW training for after this deadline, you can still apply for a mini grant in advance.
Theme: Climate Activism & the Sustainable Development Goals
Focus: Applications should focus on Climate Action and young people taking action.
- Issues should be explored from political, economic, technological, environmental and cultural viewpoints.
- What do the Sustainable Development Goals mean to your community? What actions can you take/are you taking? What do you want Ireland and the world to look like by 2030?
- Funded applications should look at actions that can be taken at a personal, local, national and global level – PLiNGs!
Before completing your application please note
- Regional training commencing September 2019 is available. The training will be a free 90 minute workshop aimed at young people and youth workers on Climate Action and the SDGs (contact email@example.com for information). Please indicate if you are interested in participating in free regional OWW training with NYCI in 2019 in your application below.
- The NYCI One World Week central event takes place in Dublin on Thursday, December 5th. Sign up to attend. Please keep this date free so you can attend as it is expected that those funded under the mini grants scheme will take an active part in this event.
- If you are organising a local event during One World Week in your community, please send us the date, time and location as soon as possible so that it can be advertised on our website and in case NYCI staff are available to attend.
- We welcome in particular activities and materials that have a web/film based element.
- Please ensure visibility of your event in local media, online and through any other promotional channels available to your group. A toolkit on working with media during OWW will be provided by NYCI to grant recipients. All publicity must include the wording “This is a One World Week Project with the support of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI)”.
- Please use recycled material wherever possible for arts-based activities.
- NYCI will not fund the purchase of any materials such as T-shirts, baseball caps, etc to be used in the creation of local actions for One World Week.