Policy and Advocacy Committee (PAC)
The Policy and Advocacy Committee (PAC) was established in 2008 to replace the Social Policy Network.
It meets 4 times a year to advise on key policy priorities and campaigns. The members of the committee play an integral role in informing and contributing to the formulation of NYCI’s policy and advocacy agenda.
For further information on the Policy and Advocacy Committee please contact James Doorley Assistant Director on 01 4255944.
International Advisory Committee (IAC)
The International Advisory Committee (IAC) advises and make proposals to the Board of NYCI on international policies and activities and facilitates and promotes the involvement of member organisations in international activities.
The purpose of the IAC is “to coordinate international activities and policies within the Company. The Chairperson of the International Advisory Committee will be elected at a full session of the Council Assembly, following nomination by member organisations, and will be a member of the Company Board. Membership of the International Advisory Committee shall be open to all member organisations and the Company representatives to both the European Youth Forum and Léargas. The International Advisory Committee may also co-opt specialists whom they deem necessary to carry out its mandate.” (Article 42, NYCI Constitution.)
Its purpose is to:
- Advise and make proposals to the Board of NYCI on international policies and activities.
- Facilitate and promote the involvement of member organisations in international activities and
to encourage member organisations to include an international dimension in their programmes.
- Develop best practice standards for international opportunities and to develop quality guidelines in the provision of International opportunities for young people.
- Advocate and lobby on International and in particular European youth policy.
The IAC Committee is comprised of:
- One member of NYCI’s Board.
- Representatives of NYCI to the European Youth Forum. (Delegates to meetings and the permanent working structures of the European Youth Forum)
- Representatives of Léargas – the Exchange Bureau (Board and sub-committees)
- Representatives nominated by member organisations
- Specialists (as appropriate)
Member organisations can nominate a member to the IAC by contacting NYCI’s International Officer, Jean-Marie Cullen firstname.lastname@example.org
At least 4 times a year.