YOUth Summit on Climate Action and the Sustainable Development Goals
December 5 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
- There is a Climate crisis affecting the future of our planet
- Young people stand to gain or to lose the most
- The Sustainable Development Goals are 4 years old
- Young people have been recognised as a key stakeholder in achieving the SDGs
- Ireland must produce a new SDGs National Implementation Plan in 2020
- We need to move from policy and talk to action
- This Summit will hear from some of those taking Climate action – at personal, local, national, and global levels
- This Summit will look at the issues and actions from a social, economic, and environmental perspective
- This is YOUR opportunity to relay issues and solutions because it is YOUth who will live with the consequences of what and how we achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and deal with Climate Action/Inaction
- The Summit will showcase work done by young people on Climate Action and the SDGs and we will hear from young people and organisations who have taken action on issues affecting young people
- There will be games, interactive discussions, opportunities to meet with others and have the chats and make future plans.
One World Week
One World Week 2019 takes place from December 1st– 8th 2019
One World Week is a week of youth-led awareness raising, education and action where young people learn about local and global justice issues and are empowered to take action to bring about positive change.
Free of charge
- You will participate interactively to learn more about the importance of Climate Action and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will hear from young people about their personal experiences.
- You will meet people and organisations who are taking action.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss the issues and take away ideas for yourself/community/school/organisation.
- You will hear about future opportunities to engage.
Activists – Young people and those who work with young people – Youth sector, Education sector, and Development Sectors. Age range: 15 years +
National Youth Council of Ireland in partnership with Concern Worldwide, Trocaire, and Goal.