Youth Summit 2: Harnessing Young Peoples Power
November 25 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
This summit will focus on harnessing young people’s power. The Irish Girl Guides will showcase how giving space and opportunity to young people is an important strategy to empowerment. Their youth led strategy will showcase how a trip to India turned into a national sustainable living programme and how attending a worldwide young women leadership seminar sparked an interest in the fight against period poverty and more.
Free of charge
WHAT’S HAPPENING ON THE DAY?
A packed programme includes an introduction to guiding and the journey programme, a range of short, inspirational video inputs and mentimeter engagement as well as stories and experiences shared by
- 3 girls who took part in the ‘India trip’ and how it motivated them to create a national sustainable consumption programme and badge.
- 3 girls who took part in the Juliette Low Seminar (an international leadership seminar for young women) and their projects based on SDG5.
- Jenna Goodwin will talk about the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
- Mary Fitzgerald a foreign correspondent in Libya and a former girl guide, will talk about how guiding has helped her in her career.
All concluding with a Q&A session.
- young people, youth workers, youth work sector, development sector, teachers, policy makers
- This event is hosted by NYCI and the Irish Girl Guides