YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
February 8 @ 9:00 am - February 9 @ 4:00 pm GMTFree
This is a two day course offered in conjunction with St John of God’s, Mental Health First Aid Ireland. Please note that due to Government guidelines all NYCI training will be facilitated online, however, this may change therefore, please be aware this training may be facilitated face to face if guidelines and restrictions ease.
The Youth Mental Health First Aid course from Mental Health First Aid Ireland is designed for adults who live with, work with or support young people aged between 12 and 18. This course teaches participants how to assist a young person who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves, using a practical, evidence-based action plan.
Mental health topics covered during Youth MHFA training include:
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use Problems
Free of charge
Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th February 2022, 9am – 4pm
Online via Zoom
- Develop skills to support you to identify when someone is in a mental health difficulty
- Develop the capacity and skills to support that person and help on a first aid basis
- Effectively direct others towards appropriate support services
- Those who work in the youth sector
- Have an interest in responding to the health needs of young people
St John of God’s, Mental Health First Aid Ireland