Young Voices – Ideas to Action!
June 30 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm IST
We’ve done the talking, we’ve done the thinking, it’s time to identify the ideas that will lead to action and to nominate the next EU Youth Delegates!
Join us at the next Young Voices event where we will introduce young people/youth activists and youth workers/leaders to:
- The 25 Percent project, which aims to give space to youth voices who have not been heard before.
- Youth Participation Empowerment Tool. Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue has produced a deck of cards which captures the essence of how they do youth participation. The aim of these cards is to support any group of young people who want to be involved in making positive change.
- The call for the next EU Youth Delegates to join the Irish Delegation to the EU Youth Conference in Sep.
Will you join us in order to ensure your young people are heard and included?
Free of charge
June 30th 11am – 1:30 pm
Aim & Objectives
At this Event we aim to
- Turn the Ideas from the Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue consultation into Actions.
- Create networks of young voices to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about, and be inspired to take action! We will support these networks to engage following the event.
- Upload ideas and solutions to the 25% project platform to join ideas from young people all over European influencing the conference on Europe.
- Open call for EU Youth Conference for those attending this event.
- Young People 16-30 yrs / Youth Leaders/ Workers, who want to be more involved in shaping society! Young People who want to have their voices heard!
- Also introduction for Young People 16-30 yrs / Youth Leaders/ Workers to Youth Participation resource.
- NYCI International Team
For more info on International International – National Youth Council of Ireland
And info on Young Voices Young Voices – National Youth Council of Ireland
Youth Participation Empowerment Tool. Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue has produced a deck of cards which captures the essence of how they do youth participation. The aim of these cards is to support any group of young people who want to be involved in making positive change. The cards serves as a tool for guiding the process of pursuing change and highlighting key elements along the way such as the importance of connection among young people, with the wider community and with decision makers. The wonderfully creative deck of cards also shines a light on the action dimension of changemaking and the value of empowerment, representation and how the change you aim for should always be about making a real difference.
The 25 Percent project
NYCI is working with a strong consortium led by the European Youth Forum which includes 4 other National Youth Council, 5 International Youth Organisations, 1 academic partner and 1 outreach partner.
The 25 Percent Youth Participation Network aims to support young people to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about, and be inspired to take action. We are asking for youth workers, volunteers and young leaders to join our network and make this aim a possibility.
We will collect 15,000 ideas about the future of Europe which will be condensed into clusters and consolidated into a set of 15 proposals by the 150 young participants at the final international event. These proposals will be presented to the Conference on the Future of Europe and other decision makers.