- This event has passed.
Young Voices goes to Cork – Bring your voice to Europe!
November 27 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm GMT
Do you want to shape society, your future, and the future of Europe?
Share your ideas and bring them to the Conference the Future of Europe. The 25 percent project is here to hear YOU!
Participants from this event will have the opportunity to attend the Future of Europe conference in Brussels in early 2022.
Join us at the next Young Voices event in person where we will introduce young people/youth activists and youth workers/leaders to:
- The 25 Percent project, we will collect and share our ideas which will be brought to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Meet the former Youth Representatives and discuss the recommendations for rural youth and the future of Europe.
- Every Participant will get a Youth Participation Empowerment Deck of Cards. Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue has produced a deck of cards which captures the essence of how they do youth participation. The aim of these cards is to support any group of young people who want to be involved in making positive change.
Will you join us in person order to ensure your young people are heard and included?
Free of charge
Saturday 27th November 10:30am – 2pm, Cork City Centre
Deadline for Application 24th November
AIM & OBJECTIVES
At this Event we aim to
- Bring the Ideas from Young Voices – to the Conference on The Future of Europe. Share ideas and solutions to the 25% project platform to unite with young people from all over Europe.
- Use the Young Voices empowerment deck to get inspired and create networks of young voices to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about. We will support these networks to engage following the event.
- Lift the voices of rural young people and have their ideas shared and brought to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
Young People / Youth leaders/ workers 16-30 yrs, who want to be more involved in shaping society! Young People who want to have their voices heard!
Also, introduction for youth leaders/youth workers to the Empowerment Deck and the 25 percent ideas project platform
- NYCI International Team
Measures that we put in place to minimise risk in relation to the ongoing COVID 19 situation:
Use of Masks: Participants will be required to wear a mask. Except when eating lunch. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons you are required to produce the card from a medical professional that exempts you from wearing a mask and use a visor instead.
Pre Covid-Questionnaire: This survey will be sent to participants and must be filled in within 48hours of the event.
Social distancing: The room is large; we will encourage social distance between participants (approx. 50). Participants can move from table to table and will not be confined to pods. Hand sanitiser will be available at the event.
Subject to Change: Measures are being continuously reviewed in line with public health COVID 19 guideline and are subject to change. Participants will be notified of any change.
Cert: The venue’s current policy requires an EU Digital covid cert on entering the venue. As such, we will ask you if you have a covid cert in the registration process.
Reimbursement: Bring the public transport ticket to the event and we will reimburse you on the day. If you are unable to use public transport, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of event to ensure that you will be reimbursed.
For more info on International International – National Youth Council of Ireland
And info on Young Voices Young Voices – National Youth Council of Ireland
Youth Participation Empowerment Tool. Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue has produced a deck of cards which captures the essence of how they do youth participation. The aim of these cards is to support any group of young people who want to be involved in making positive change. The cards serves as a tool for guiding the process of pursuing change and highlighting key elements along the way such as the importance of connection among young people, with the wider community and with decision makers. The wonderfully creative deck of cards also shines a light on the action dimension of changemaking and the value of empowerment, representation and how the change you aim for should always be about making a real difference.
The 25 Percent project
NYCI is working with a strong consortium led by the European Youth Forum which includes 4 other National Youth Council, 5 International Youth Organisations, 1 academic partner and 1 outreach partner.
The 25 Percent Youth Participation Network aims to support young people to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about, and be inspired to take action. We are asking for youth workers, volunteers and young leaders to join our network and make this aim a possibility.
We will collect 15,000 ideas about the future of Europe which will be condensed into clusters and consolidated into a set of 15 proposals by the 150 young participants at the final international event. These proposals will be presented to the Conference on the Future of Europe and other decision makers.
Logos: NYCI; Young Voices; 25% project; new leargas logo; DCYA logo EU logo.EU Parliament logo – all same size.