- This event has passed.
Vote at 16 – How will we get there?
September 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm IST
Young Voices is teaming up with ISSU for an event on Vote@16 to explore how youth organisations can work together on a campaign to extend the voting age to 16 and 17 year olds.
- Exploring recent campaigns and movements and taking the learning from their successes on how to make voting at 16 a reality in Ireland.
- Giving space to young voices who have not been heard before in the Vote At 16 discussion
- Discuss network/coalition for Vote @16
- Engage Young People in the campaign.
Will you join us in order to ensure your young people are heard and included?
Free of charge
Wed 22nd Sep 5-7pm
Online via Zoom
- At this Event we aim to: Create a network of young voices to learn, share and advocate for Vote At 16, and be inspired to take action!
- Young People from 16-20 years who want to be more involved in Vote At 16! Young People who want to have their voices heard!
ISSU and the NYCI International Team
For more info on the NYCI Vote@16 campaign see Vote at 16 – National Youth Council of Ireland
Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue on “Space and Participation for All”
The current Cycle of EU Youth Dialogue is focusing on EU Youth Goal #9 “Space and participation for all”. Young people across Europe have been consulted on the issue and Vote@16 has been called for during the consultation on Space for Democracy and Participation. See Young Voices – National Youth Council of Ireland
Founded in 2008, the ISSU is the national representative body for school students in the Republic of Ireland. The ISSU is led by students, for students. Since our foundation, the ISSU has supported lowering the voting age to 16 and we are renewing our lobbing campaign!
The 25 Percent project
NYCI is working with a strong consortium led by the European Youth Forum which includes 4 other National Youth Council, 5 International Youth Organisations, 1 academic partner and 1 outreach partner.
The 25 Percent Youth Participation Network aims to support young people to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about, and be inspired to take action. We are asking for youth workers, volunteers and young leaders to join our network and make this aim a possibility.
We will collect 15,000 ideas about the future of Europe which will be condensed into clusters and consolidated into a set of 15 proposals by the 150 young participants at the final international event. These proposals will be presented to the Conference on the Future of Europe and other decision makers.