- This event has passed.
Understanding Young People and Pornography
November 18, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMTFree
This interactive one-day training aims to support practitioner’s understanding and knowledge of the topic of pornography and its implications for young people. Current research, legislation, the impact of media and good practice guidelines for organisations are some of the issues discussed on the day.
This course supports the objectives of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015- 2020; with particular reference to Goal 1: Sexual Health promotion, education and prevention where everyone living in Ireland will receive comprehensive and age-appropriate sexual health education and/or information and will have access to appropriate prevention and promotion services
14 places available
Free of charge to NYCI members
and Free of Charge to non-members
- To be able to define pornography
- To explore the topic of pornography
- To understand why young people engage with pornography
- To understand the impact of pornography on young people
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out of school or non-formal education setting
- The National Youth Health Programme