- This event has passed.
Understanding Self-Harm – Waterford
February 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMTFree
Understanding Self-Harm training is a one-day interactive training developed by the National Office for Suicide Prevention (NOSP).
This one-day training is designed to raise awareness for individuals and agencies who seek to understand more about self-harm, the reasons underlying self-harm behaviours and improve upon personal and agency responses to those who self-harm.
The training is supportive of Connecting for Life in aiming to reduce the stigma of self-harm, improve awareness and sensitivity to self-harm issues and promote effective care services for those who self-harm. The programme seeks to promote the principles of respect, understanding and choice.
16 (min) – 22 (max) participants
No charge to participants
This one-day training will support participants to:
- Develop participants knowledge and understanding of self-harm and the reasons underlying such behaviour
- Have an improved sensitivity and awareness of the needs of people who self-harm
- Consider the relationship between self-harm and suicide
- Understand the prevalence of self-harm across different age groups and genders
- Become familiar with the functions, motivations and meanings that underly self-harm behaviour
- Develop awareness of possible interventions and helpful responses to people who self-harm
- Youth Workers and those working with young people in the out of school setting.
Extra information required: If you have any dietary requirements, please can you let us know before the training.
- National Youth Health Programme (NYHP)