STEAM in Youthreach Training Course – Limerick
February 11 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm GMT€70
During this innovative course, delivered over two days, Youthreach staff will undertake a range of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths (STEAM) activities that they can build into lessons and programmes for students and gain the skills and knowledge needed to facilitate high-quality STEAM learning experiences.
- develop their understanding of what STEAM is and how it can be used to enable young people to gain transferrable 21st century skills (creativity and imagination; collaboration and teamwork; problem-solving and critical thinking)
- design and build scribble robots, mini-robot bugs, playback recorders, electronic musical instruments, Makey Makeycircuits and more
- gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the science underpinning such activities and the confidence to explain it to young people in ways that spark their curiosity
- develop STEAM technical skills that can be passed on to young people (such as soldering and circuitry)
- develop creative new STEAM approaches that can be used to enhance their teaching
- begin designing and planning STEAM sessions and programmes
Following the course participants will have access to resources (activity guides, logic models and equipment lists), networking and peer learning opportunities and discounted rates at further STEAM trainings. Depending on the size of the group coming from an organisation, participants will receive equipment grants or kits worth between €55 and €300.
This training and support package is being offered at a discounted rate of €70/person (normally €120/person)
11th February, 9.30am – 5.00pm
31st March 2020, 9.30am – 5.00pm
If you are interested but can only participate in one of the training dates, please get in touch to discuss.
- The course is suitable for any member of Youthreach staff, whether new to STEAM or not, who wants to: enhance the STEAM offer you provide to young people; integrate STEAM into existing courses/programmes, or; develop and deliver creative, inspiring extra-curricular STEAM activities.
- This course is being organised by the National Youth Council of Ireland in collaboration with the Limerick and Clare Further Education and Training Board. It is funded by the Science Foundation of Ireland and delivered by TechSpace.
- It is really important that you bring a laptop with you. Please get in touch if this is not possible.