STEAM in Youthreach Intermediate Training – Dublin
February 27 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm GMT€20 – €100
This intermediate-level training is ideal for you if you have already received introductory STEAM training and/or already use STEAM in your practice. You will complete a range of new STEAM activities and explore how including STEAM can add unique value to youth work and ways of capturing evidence of this. You will reflect on the opportunities and challenges you have faced in using STEAM in your practice with peers.
- build a mini-robot bug, a playback recorder, an electronic musical instrument using MakeyMakeys, and more
- practice STEAM technical skills that you can pass on to young people such as soldering and circuitry
- gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the science and the confidence to explain it to young people in ways that spark their curiosity
€100 per person*
* 80% discount is available to those who have already undertaken relevant STEAM training by NYCI or a sister programme (such as NYCI’s Youth Arts Programme, TechSpace or Coderdojo) or been using STEAM in their practice. If you do not have such training or experience, please get in touch before booking, as an introductory training may be more appropriate.
- Youthreach staff who have already received introductory STEAM training and/or already use STEAM in their practice
- This is a project by the National Youth Council of Ireland with funding from the Science Foundation of Ireland. The training will be delivered by TechSpace and is being organised in collaboration with Gerard Griffin, National Youthreach Coordinator.
- It is really important that you bring a laptop with you. Please get in touch if this is not possible.