STEAM in Youth Work – Coding and 3D printing for everyone – Carlow
April 28 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm IST€20 – €100
This intermediate-level training is ideal for you if you have already received introductory STEAM training and/or already use STEAM in your practice. You will complete a range of new STEAM activities, explore how including STEAM can add unique value to youth work and begin planning STEAM programmes and projects with peers.
- Create graphene circuits
- Explore basic coding with BBC Micro:Bits
- Design elements for custom-made games
- Shape their own intermediate STEAM projects
- Design STEAM through 3D printing
- Receive activity guides, BBC Micro:Bits and resources that enable you to begin delivering what you learned with young people straight away.
€20 | €100*
*This training costs €100 per person. An 80% discount is available to you if you have already undertaken relevant STEAM training by NYCI or a sister programme (such as NYCI’s Youth Arts Programme, TechSpace or Coderdojo) or been using STEAM in your practice. If you do not have such training or experience, please get in touch before booking, as an introductory training may be more appropriate.
- Youth workers who have already received introductory STEAM training and/or already use STEAM in their practice
- This is a project by the National Youth Council of Ireland with funding from the Science Foundation of Ireland. The training will be delivered by TechSpace and is being organised in collaboration with Carlow Regional Youth Service.