- This event has passed.
August 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ISTFree
An online Youth engagement workshop organised by the National Youth Council of Ireland & the Marine Institute of Ireland
#MissionOcean is one of five missions developed by the European research and innovation project inspired by the Apollo 11 mission to put a man on the moon. The aim of the project is to deliver solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing our world.
Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters are vital for our societies and the future of our planet. They are the lungs of our planet, producing half of the oxygen we breathe. They are the planet’s largest carbon sink and have absorbed 26% of anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. They are home to the richest biodiversity on our planet. They are the source of all life on Earth and our planet’s life-support system.
This two-hour online session will provide a platform for the youth voice to help design and shape a mission to help heal our ocean, seas, lakes and waters leading to a safer and securer world for current and future generations.
Free of charge
- Learn about what the European Union is doing to solve major societal challenges through the Horizon Europe Missions.
- Engage in conversation about the importance of our oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters.
- Engage and help shape a mission to help our ocean, seas, lakes and inland waters.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions to protect and better take care of our oceans, seas, lakes and inland waters.
- Young people between the age of 16 – 30 year olds
- National Youth Council of Ireland, the Marine Institute of Ireland, and the Mission for Oceans, Seas, Coastal and Inland Waters.