- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk About Consent
September 18, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm ISTFree
Free of charge
10.30am – 1pm
Why should you attend?
- You will have the opportunity to hear what the youth sector has identified as a need in relation to the concept of consent.
- You will have first access to 2 new support guides developed by the National Youth Health Programme to support young people and youth workers on the concept of consent.
- You will learn more about consent, rejection, and boundaries and how you can support the young people you work with.
- You will have the opportunity to gain more support materials and information that will support you, the worker as well as additional support materials for parents.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions in relation to the concept of consent.
Who should attend?
Youth workers and anyone working with young people
- The National Youth Health Programme
|10.30am||Welcome and Introductions
Rachael Treanor, National Youth Health Program Manager
|10.40am||Consent and the Youth Sector- What do we know?
Lisa Harold, Health Promotion Officer
|11am||Launch of two guides:
Young People: Let’s Talk About Consent
Youth Workers: Let’s Talk About Consent
Louise Monaghan, National Youth Health Programme
|11.30am||An Understanding of Romantic Relationships for Young People In Co. Monaghan
Caolan Faux, Youth Work Ireland, Cavan / Monaghan
|11.50am||Consent, Boundaries and Coping with Rejection – Life skills for Healthy Relationships
Grainne Carr, Consent Matters Ireland
|12.10pm||Making the ‘BigTalk’ many small talks – supporting conversations between parents and their children about relationships and healthy sexual development
Moira Germaine, HSE Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programme
|12.30pm||Questions and Answers|