Let’s Talk About Consent
September 4 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm ISTFree
Online Series Young People and their Sexual Health During COVID-19
Part 2: Let’s Talk About Consent
As the COVID-19 restrictions ease over the next few months, the National Youth Health Programme (NYHP) want to engage with youth workers in order to promote young peoples’ sexual health. This includes supporting young people to build and maintain healthy relationships as we enter into a new way of being and living. An important aspect of any relationship is the concept of consent. Evidence indicates that there is a lack of understanding on the part of some young people in relation to what consent looks and feels like.
To support a young person, a youth worker needs to feel confident and competent to address the concept of consent. To achieve this, the worker must have accurate information and access to tools to explore and create an awareness of consent.
Considering this, The NYHP are launching the second part of our online series entitled: Let’s Talk About Consent.
Free of charge
Youth workers are uniquely placed to understand the complexities that young people are facing in relation to consent and how they are trying to deal with this concept. The seminar aims to:
- Launch the NYHP rapid needs assessment ‘Young People, Youth Workers and Consent’
- Clarify the concept of consent
- Examine the main issues surrounding consent
- Support youth workers to open the discussion with young people to address consent in their lives and in their relationships
- Youth workers and anyone working with young people
- The National Youth Health Programme