Skills Summary in Youth Work training in Dublin (in person)
June 10 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm IST
This 3.5 hour in-person training is for all who would like to explore the potential of the digital Skills Summary tool for your youth work practice – whether you’re doing activities face to face or online.
With the rapidly changing landscape of employment opportunities, it’s necessary to recognise how important are transferrable life skills in the digital economy and future workforce. Participating in non-formal learning settings helps young people develop those essential life skills. The positive impact of youth work and non-formal education must be valued and acknowledged.
The training will help you to support your young people in realising the strengths they have and in finding a language around their transferable life skills.
This training consists of the following sessions:
- Welcome and introductions
- Icebreaker and warm up activities (which you can easily replicate and use with your young people after the training)
- Skills Summary mind-map
- Introduction to Skills Summary
- Exploring the Skills Summary online tool
- Skills Summary resources and support
- Reflection and discussion
- Planning next steps
Skills Summary is an easy to use online tool that captures the skills young people gain by participating in youth work and volunteering opportunities, building their confidence, so that they can better communicate the value of these essential skills to future employers.
Free of charge
Friday, 10th June 2022
09.30 am – 1.00 pm
- Get an understanding of Skills Summary and its positive potential
- Learn how to support young people in finding a language around their life skills
- Identify needs and discuss how this tool can support youth work practice
- Explore the features of the tool
- Learn how to use Skills Summary as a measurement tool
Youth workers and those working with young people. No prior knowledge of the Skills Summary tool required!
Participants would need to bring own internet-enabled device (smart phone, tablet computer, laptop). Please get in touch if this is not possible.