Introduction to Circus Skills in Youth Work
September 13 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm IST€20 – €30
This tailored training is designed in partnership with Dublin Circus School to enhance your youth work ‘toolkit’ by adding a range of beginner circus skills.
It provides practical tips and a beginner circus toolkit and aims to enhance your creative ability, artistic skills and confidence when working with young people.
Each participant will receive an introductory circus toolkit which includes video tutorials so you can start using your new skills straight away.
September 13th 10am – 1pm
Please note this is an online training
- To support participants to gain skills and creative confidence in integrating circus skills in the designing and implementation of youth work programmes.
- To experiment with upcycling and the use of household goods in creating circus skills equipment and tools with young people.
- To introduce participants to a circus toolkit that a will support the implementation of learning in a youth work context.
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, youth arts practice, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Aoife Raleigh is a circus artist, producer and facilitator. Aoife Co-founded the Dublin Circus Project Youth programmes 5 years ago, pre-pandemic there were over 100 students attending their classes weekly across the city. Aoife has trained with Youth Theatre Ireland, Galway Community Circus and at circus schools in China, Spain and Mexico. Through her artistic and youth work she has witnessed the transformational power of circus to make the impossible possible.