Introduction to Circus Skills in Youth Work – 3rd Oct
October 3 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm IST€40.00 – €50.00
Please note this training will take place ‘in-person’ in the Orchard Community Centre, Cherry Orchard Grove, Dublin on October 3rd.
This tailored training is designed in partnership with Dublin Circus Project to enhance your youth work ‘toolkit’ by adding a range of beginner circus skills.
It provides practical tips and, through experiential learning, aims to enhance your creative ability, artistic skills and confidence when working with young people.
Each participant will receive an introductory circus toolkit which includes equipment and video tutorials so you can start using your new skills straight away.
€40 for member organisations or participants of regional networking hubs, €50 for non-members. Cost includes Circus Skills starter pack.
October 3rd, 10am – 4.30pm
Lunch will be provided!
- To support participants to gain basic circus skills in areas such as hula-hooping and juggling
- To support participants to gain creative confidence in integrating circus skills in the designing and implementation of youth work programmes
- To equip participants with a starter circus toolkit that will support the implementation of learning in a youth work context.
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, youth arts practice, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
Aoife Raleigh is a circus artist, producer and facilitator. Aoife Co-founded the Dublin Circus Project Youth programmes 5 years ago, pre-pandemic there were over 100 students attending their classes weekly across the city. Aoife has trained with Youth Theatre Ireland, Galway Community Circus and at circus schools in China, Spain and Mexico. Through her artistic and youth work she has witnessed the transformational power of circus to make the impossible possible.
The Orchard Community Centre,
Cherry Orchard Grove,
- Please let us know any dietary requirements through the registration form.
- Please wear comfortable clothes!
If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org