Inclusive Youth Work and Skills Summary – Finding Our Language
September 20 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm IST€25 – €50
This is a two-part training. In the first part, we look at embedding inclusive practice in your youth work setting. The second part introduces the online tool Skills Summary that helps young people communicate the value of the skills they gain when participating in youth work to future employers.
In this training you will:
- Find the language to articulate your Inclusive Youth Work Practice using the 8 Steps Framework
- Identify your strengths and gaps – and set clearly defined goals
- Understand key aspects of the journey involved in meeting your goals towards inclusive practice (exploring values and competencies)
- Explore the features of Skills Summary
- Identify needs and discuss how Skills Summary can support your youth work practice and young people in finding a language around their transferable life skills
- Lean how to use Skills Summary as a measurement tool
€50 per person for non-NYCI members
€25 per person for NYCI members
- Participants would need to bring own internet-enabled device (smart phone, tablet computer, laptop). Please get in touch if this is not possible.
- Youth Workers and people working with young people in out-of-school settings
- National Youth Council of Ireland