Going Global – Connecting & Threading Practice and Organisation – Thursday 13th of August
August 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm ISTFree
This 2.5-hour online training session explores and shares how to adapt practice and organisational approaches to being Global.
Global Youth Work is exploring global issues with young people through non formal education. The aim is to explore a young person’s role in their local community, and within a globalised World.
Participants will be guided and challenged through the various elements and components of Global Youth work. To start threading and connecting global youth work approaches at a practical level of everyday youth work, the methodologies used, and planning and direction at an organisational level.
Free of charge
There will be two opportunities to take part in this training.
Option 1: 10am to 12:30pm | Option 2: 2pm to 4:30pm
In the Intro to Going Global online training you will:
- Gain an understanding into Global Youth Work and its potential
- Exploring the Development Education methodologies and its purpose
- Connecting Irish youth work to the global context
- Exploring and understanding the Dev Ed thread
- Maximising the potential of an organisation going global
- Youth Workers, Youth Work Managers, ETB Youth Officers, Youth Educators, Youth Practitioners in the Youth Sector
- Leo Gilmartin
We really appreciate you taking part in our pre and post training surveys. Evaluation is a key part of how we measure our effectiveness in Global Youth Work and Development Education and, it is a requirement of our funder, Irish Aid