Global Issues that matter to YOUth! Youth Consultation to inform Irish Aid Strategy 2021-2024
April 7 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm IST
Irish Aid is developing a new Strategic Plan for 2021 to 2024, and wants to hear from young people aged 16 to 30.
Do you think young people should have conversations with decision makers about the big issues affecting our world today like:
- Climate change
- Youth participation
- Fair Trade
- Democracy and human rights
- Trade Justice
- Sustainable Development Goals
Are we ‘all in this together’?
How does our society and its leaders learn from and respond to global challenges?
On April 7th from 3-6pm we will be hosting an online consultation for young people with Irish Aid decision makers to consider what the big issues are affecting our world today and what young people suggest might be done about it.
We want to hear from YOUth!
Free of charge
Wednesday 7th April 3-6 pm
What’s happening at the event?
This event will inform Irish Aid of what the views of young people in Ireland are about the world in which they live – what their issues are; what they are concerned about; and what they would like Irish Aid to do about this.
Aim: To create a dialogue between young people and Irish Aid policy and decision makers as part of the Irish Aid consultation process for the new Global Citizenship and Development Education Strategy 2021-2024.
- To give a sense of the work of Irish Aid and Development Education so far
- To give a background on this consultation process and the context in which it is being undertaken (Covid-19, challenges to democracy, food security, poverty reduction, education, aid, trade, planetary health, climate crisis, human rights, equality and diversity, globalisation, international law and global justice, the SDGs, free speech, fake news, migration, etc)
- To create conversation spaces for the key questions of the consultation
- To generate content for the consultation report
- To have young people’s opinions heard on global issues which will inform the new Global Citizenship and Development Education Strategy which is currently being drafted by Irish Aid
Who should attend?
- Young People 16-30yrs (all welcome)
- Please provide age when registering. If you are under 18yrs we will need also an email address and/or mobile phone number of a parent or guardian to seek consent for under 18year olds to join the meeting.