Filmmaking with Young People in Youth Work Settings
February 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm GMT€40 – €50
Creative Approaches When Working With Young People
Gain basic practical and creative skills in film making when working with young people in youth work settings. This workshop combines a range of skills required to deliver a film making programme such as digital video shooting, storyboarding, effects, approaches, all while maintaining a youth work centred approach. It provides easy-to-grasp techniques and requires no previous experience.
Maximum 20 participants
€40 for member organisations or participants of regional networking hubs, €50.00 for non members. For costings as a bespoke training for your organisation contact Saoirse@nyci.ie 01 4255952 for further information
- Provide participants with a range of practical skills to deliver a high quality filmmaking programme that supports and advances youth work outcomes
- Identifies best practice and approaches when using film making with young people.
- Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view and deepens learning outcomes
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Garry McHugh, Director of Young Irish Film Makers in association with the National Youth Arts Programme.
- Cameras/ phones useful to bring but not essential
- Lunch will be provided