Film Editing when Working with Young People Training
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm IST€55 – €65
This event is postponed due to the Coronavirus crisis. You may register your interest in this course and we will contact you once a date has been confirmed.
This tailored film editing training is designed for anyone working with young people. It provides the basic practical and creative skills to deliver a programme while maintaining a youth work centred approach. It is a good follow up training for those who have attended our filmmaking training and want to progress further.
Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view, deepens learning outcomes and provides techniques on how to lead the editing process as part of youth work programme.
Participants will learn practical skills such as:
- Organising media
- Using a timeline to assemble their short film
- Fine tuning clips
- Working with audio
- Applying visual effects and transitions
- Titles and captions
- How to save and share final project
- Finding the best Free Software to use
- Links to helpful sites and toolkits etc.
- Organising these tasks with a youth group
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Garry McHugh from Young Irish Film Makers in association with the National Youth Arts Programme
- Cameras/ phones useful to bring but not essential
- Lunch will be provided