Film Editing when Working with Young People Training
June 30, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ISTFree – €30
This tailored online film editing training is designed for anyone working with young people. It provides the basic practical and creative skills to deliver a programme while maintaining a youth work centred approach. It is a good follow up training for those who have attended our filmmaking training and want to progress further.
Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view, deepens learning outcomes and provides techniques on how to lead the editing process as part of youth work programme.
Please note this training has been adapted for delivery online.
€20 for member organisations or participants of regional networking hubs, €30 for non-members. For costings as a bespoke training for your organisation contact Saoirse@nyci.ie | 01 4255952 for further information
- Participants will learn practical skills such as:
- Organising media
- Using a timeline to assemble their short film
- Fine tuning clips
- Working with audio
- Applying visual effects and transitions
- Titles and captions
- How to save and share final project
- Finding the best Free Software to use
- Links to helpful sites and toolkits etc.
- Organising these tasks with a youth group
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Garry McHugh and Freddie Greenall from Young Irish Film Makers in association with the National Youth Arts Programme.
Additional Information for online workshop
- This training requires a basic level of computer skills. Each participant is responsible for their own computer and privacy settings.
- Participants must download software and support material in advance of the session.
- A third party, non affiliated software programme will be used for this training session. YIFM and NYCI do not endorse or promote this product however we will be using it for the purpose of this training.