Film Editing in Youth Work Settings (Online) Wednesday 9th Mar 2022
March 9 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT€20.00 – €30.00
This tailored online film editing training is designed for anyone working with young people. It provides the basic practical and creative skills to deliver a programme while maintaining a youth work centred approach. It is a good follow up training for those who have attended our filmmaking training and want to progress further.
Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view, deepens learning outcomes and provides techniques on how to lead the editing process as part of youth work programme.
Wednesday 9th March 2022, 10am – 4pm
Online via Zoom
- Provide participants with a range of practical skills to deliver a high-quality filmmaking programme that supports and advances youth work outcomes
- Identifies best practice and approaches when using film editing processes with young people.
- Supports participants to embed a youth arts practice within their work with young people.
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, youth arts, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Garry McHugh and Freddie Greenall from Young Irish Film Makers in association with the NYCI Youth Arts
- This training requires a basic level of computer skills. Each participant should log in on a laptop / computer and have their phone!
- Participants must download software and support material in advance of the session.
- A third party, non-affiliated software programme will be used for this training session. YIFM and NYCI do not endorse or promote this product however we will be using it for the purpose of this training.