Event 4 – Thursday 17th – Filmmaking in Youth Work Settings
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT€20.00 – €30.00
Gain basic practical and creative skills in film making when working with young people in youth work settings. This workshop combines a range of skills required to deliver a film making programme such as devising a script, choosing your shots and facilitating a film shoot with young people, all while maintaining a youth work centred approach. It provides easy-to-grasp techniques and requires no previous experience.
Thursday 17th February 2022, 10am – 4pm
Online via Zoom
- Provide participants with a range of practical skills to deliver a high-quality filmmaking programme that supports and advances youth work outcomes
- Identifies best practice and approaches when using film making with young people.
- Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view and deepens learning outcomes
Anyone working with young people in a youth work, youth arts practice, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Garry McHugh and Freddie Greenall from Young Irish Film Makers in association with the NYCI Youth Arts Programme
- This training requires a basic level of computer skills. Each participant should log in on a laptop / computer and have their phone!
- Participants must download software and support material in advance of the session.
- A third party, non-affiliated software programme will be used for this training session. YIFM and NYCI do not endorse or promote this product however we will be using it for the purpose of this training.