- This event has passed.
Event 1 – Saturday 20th – Youth Ideas to Global Youth Action !
November 20, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT
Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue & the 25% project are teaming up with the Global Youth Work programme on the launch of One World Week, a week of youth-led awareness raising, education and action that takes place throughout Ireland. Join Young People, youth leaders and activists in exploring what Global identity means and what can we do to tap into the collective action needed to act on global issues affecting people and planet today.
Young People from this event will have an opportunity to go on to join the next Irish delegation to the EU Youth Conference in France and the Future of Europe event in Brussels in early 2022
What will we explore:
- an understanding of individualism and collectivism relating to young people in society – unpack who we are in this new global world and empower us to see a journey in taking action in your community that connects with the global community.
- Young Voices Report. The Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue community and how your voice has influenced policy and decision making
- Ideas for positive change.
Where will your input go:
- The 25 Percent project, 25% Project: be part of the movement – National Youth Council of Ireland we will collect and share our ideas which will be brought to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Young People from this event will go on to join the next Irish delegation to the EU Youth Conference in France and the Future of Europe event in Brussels in early 2022
Resources for Participants
- Every Participant will get a Youth Participation Empowerment Deck of Cards. Young Voices – EU Youth Dialogue has produced a deck of cards which captures the essence of how they do youth participation. The aim of these cards is to support any group of young people who want to be involved in making positive change.
- One World Week resource pack.
Will you join us in person order to ensure your young people are heard and included?
Free of charge
Saturday 20th November 10:30am registration
Kick off 11am– 4pm , Gresham Hotel, Dublin City Centre
AIM & OBJECTIVES
At this Event we aim to
- The aim of this interactive session will be to build knowledge and unpack who we are in this new global world and empower us to see a journey in taking action in your community that connects with the global community.
- Connecting collective action and the EU Youth Dialogue process and European Youth Goals & Sustainable Development Goals
- Bring the Ideas from to the Conference on The Future of Europe. Share ideas and solutions to the 25% project platform.
- Use the Young Voices empowerment deck to get inspired and create networks of young voices to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about. We will support these networks to engage following the event.
- Launch the Young Voices evaluation report and how YOU have influenced and shaped policy and decision making.
- Young People / Youth leaders/ workers 16-30 yrs, who want to be more involved in shaping society! Young People who want to have their voices heard!
- NYCI International Team
Register: It is necessary to Register prior to event.
Under 18yrs participation Consent: If you are under 18yrs, please fill out the participation consent form you receive after registration and scan/photograph it and send to email@example.com and bring the original on the day.
Measures that we put in place to minimise risk in relation to the ongoing COVID 19 situation:
Use of Masks: Participants will be required to wear a mask. Except when eating lunch. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons you are required to produce the card from a medical professional that exempts you from wearing a mask and use a visor instead.
Pre Covid Questionnaire: This survey will be sent to participants and must be filled in within 48hours of the event.
Social distancing: The room is large, 290 square meters and we will encourage social distance between participants (approx. 40). Participants can move from table to table and will not be confined to pods. Hand sanitiser will be available at the event.
Subject to Change: measures are being continuously reviewed in line with public health COVID 19 guideline and are subject to change. Participants will be notified of any change.
Cert: The venue’s current policy requires a EU Digital covid cert on entering the venue. As such, we will ask you if you have a covid cert in the registration process. If you don’t have a EU Digital Covid Cert, register and we will look at hybrid opportunities.
Reimbursement: Bring the public transport ticket to the event and we will reimburse you on the day. We will need you to send the original to us after the event, we’ll provide a stamped addressed envelope. If you are unable to use public transport please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of event to ensure that you will be reimbursed.
For more info on International International – National Youth Council of Ireland
And info on Young Voices Young Voices – National Youth Council of Ireland
The 25 Percent project
NYCI is working with a strong consortium led by the European Youth Forum which includes 4 other National Youth Council, 5 International Youth Organisations, 1 academic partner and 1 outreach partner.
The 25 Percent Youth Participation Network aims to support young people to learn, share and advocate for the causes they care about, and be inspired to take action. We are asking for youth workers, volunteers and young leaders to join our network and make this aim a possibility.
Contact email@example.com with participation consent form and any queries.
In partnership with Youth2030 as part of One World Week 2021