- This event has passed.
Drama Techniques in Youth Work settings (over 2 days: Sep 27 & Oct 4)
September 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm IST€20 – €30
Please note this is an online training and will take place over 2 days on
September 27th & October 4th 10am – 1pm
This tailored workshop is designed to spark new ideas and contribute insightful and meaningful drama approaches to your youth work toolkit. It will provide practical tips that aim to enhance your skillset and creative confidence when using drama as a tool when working with young people.
Delivered by Dave Kelly, National Training Co-ordinator with Youth Theatre Ireland and Artistic Director of Dublin Youth Theatre in association with the NYCI Youth Arts Programme. Dave has worked directly with young people using drama for over 20 years. He has led the development and delivery of Artstrain, Youth Theatre Ireland’s full time drama facilitation course for 16 years. He has a diploma in Arts, Drama and Theatre Studies from N.U.I Maynooth as well as a QQI Level 6 certificate in Train the Trainer.
DATE, TIME & DURATION
September 27th & October 4th
Please note this is an online training
- Participants will be able to discover and creative, interactive and fun drama methods when working with young people.
- Participants will explore a range of dynamic process-drama techniques to explore themes and issues relevant to working with young people
- Learning-by-doing approach that aims to energise and inspire a creative exploration how process drama can contribute to youth work outcomes
- Participants will be signposted provided to other supports and resources available
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, youth arts practice, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Delivered by Dave Kelly, National Training Co-ordinator with Youth Theatre Ireland in association with the National Youth Arts Programme.
Please log in on a lap top where possible, we will send zoom details in advance of the training.