Designated Liaison Person Training – 1st June and 2nd June 2021
June 1 @ 10:00 am - June 2 @ 5:00 pm IST€100 – €140
This is a 2-day training programme delivered by the Child Protection Programme for DLPs and Deputy DLPs in the youth sector. This training is an interactive, active participation online training delivered over Zoom, due to the current Covid-19 circumstances.
The aim of this DLP Training is to give participants the opportunity to explore the role and responsibilities of being a DLP, and to give participants information and guidance on good practice in order to carry out this role effectively.
Participant should have a general understanding of child safeguarding and protection and must have attended child protection training (e.g. Child Protection Awareness Programme) within the last two years OR completed Tusla’s Children First e-learning on www.tusla.ie before attending this training.
€100 for members
€140 for non-members
Tuesday 1st June and Wednesday 2nd June 2021
Full-day training commencing 10am-5pm
Attendance at both full days is required
Online via Zoom
The objectives of the training are:
- To set the context for the role of DLP (exploring safeguarding responsibilities, values, compliance with legislation and current policy)
- To understand the requirements and the elements of this role (reporting, managing information, managing allegations against staff/volunteers/young people, informing parents)
- To understand the DLP role within an Organisation
- Staff and volunteers in the role of DLP or Deputy DLP in the youth sector
- NYCI Child Protection Programme