Creative approaches in photography when working with young people in a youth work setting
November 12 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm GMT€28 – €30
To explore photography as a creative and exciting medium for engaging young people. By developing practical skills in digital photography participants will become inspired and more confident about using photography when working with young people.
Maximum 20 participants
€28 for member organisations or participants of regional networking hubs, €30 for non-members.
For costings as a bespoke training for your organisation contact Saoirse@nyci.ie
/ 01 4255952 for further information
1 day (6 hrs) including lunch
- Provide participants with a range of practical skills to deliver a high quality photography programme that supports and advances youth work outcomes.
- Identifies best practice and approaches when using photography with young people.
- Learning-by-doing approach allows participants to explore the process from participant point of view and deepens learning outcomes.
- Provide participants with ideas and resources to assist them in using photography in their youth work practice.
- Outline ways to use photography when exploring issues with young people.
- Provide technical and practical skills in photography.
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Aislinn Delaney, Photographer and Youth Arts Facilitator in association with the National Youth Arts Programme.
- Cameras/smart phones with cameras useful to bring but not essential