Connecting with Young Men – Engage Level 6
February 5 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMTFree
This is a one day course that aims to assist a broad range of practitioners to effectively connect with young men on mental health and wellbeing issues. It focuses on the engagement process (i.e. WHY and HOW to build relationships with young men), rather than offering a new or revised mental health programme (i.e. what to offer them).
16 (min) – 22 (max) participants
No charge to participants
This one-day training will support participants to:
- To demonstrate why we need to work with young men as a specific group
- To help participants reflect on their own value base, experience, attitudes towards, and expectations of young men
- To explore the world of young men, the issues that they face, and the opportunities that exist to engage with them
- To consider the practicalities of ‘what works’
- Youth Workers and those working with young people in the out of school setting.
Extra information required: If you have any dietary requirements, please can you let us know before the training.
- National Youth Health Programme (NYHP)