- This event has passed.
Circus Skills When Working with Young People Training (including toolkit)
April 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm IST€95 – €105
This tailored training is designed in partnership with Dublin Circus School to address your needs as a facilitator by adding a range of beginner circus skills to your youth work toolkit! It provides practical tips and a beginner circus toolkit to ensure success and aims to enhance your creative ability, artistic skills and confidence when working with young people.
Each participant will receive an introductory circus toolkit which includes equipment kit, programme outline and video tutorials so you can start using your new skills straight away.
- Participants will be equipped to deliver a 6-8 week course for young people within their own youth work setting.
- The following new skills will be covered: Circuit, Balance & Free Play, Juggling Scarves & Balls, Diabolo & Flower Stick, Hula Hoop & Spinning Plate
- Toolkits will ensure that new skills learned will continue to be maximised when back in your youth setting.
- Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out-of-school or non-formal education setting.
- Aoife Raleigh, Coordinator of Dublin Circus Project’s Youth Programmes with the National Youth Arts Programme
- Wear comfortable clothing. We will include a toolkit to start you off.
- Lunch will be provided (sandwiches / tea & coffee)