Child Safeguarding Information and Networking Seminar for the Youth Sector
December 10 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm GMT€12
The National Youth Council of Ireland is providing a one-day networking and information seminar to support those in the youth sector with responsibility for child safeguarding and child protection within their organisation. The seminar is aimed to facilitate networking, collaboration and to provide up-to-date guidance regarding the ongoing implementation of Children First to support you in your role, with input from Tusla’s Children First Information and Advice Officers and the Child Safeguarding Statement Compliance Unit.
As well as input from Tusla and the NYCI Child Protection Programme, the day will support the sharing of practice wisdom and is an opportunity for you to discuss real-life challenges and examples with your peers, and to look towards 2020 and any requirements for your organisation.
The seminar aims to facilitate:
- Up-to-date guidance and information for you regarding the implementation of Children First:
- Child Protection Reporting- guidance and trends
- Child Safeguarding Statements- advice and guidance ahead of the 2-year review period (March 2020) since first commenced
- Collaboration across the sector
Opportunities to share practice wisdom and discuss individual and organisational responses to child safeguarding/child protection situations and challenges
- Designated Liaison Persons (DLP) and Deputy Designated Liaison Persons in the youth sector
- Senior management with oversight across child safeguarding and child protection in their organisation in the youth sector
- Child Protection Trainers in the youth sector
- Anyone with responsibility for child safeguarding and child protection in their organisation in the youth sector
If your organisation/project/club/group etc. works with youth, and you are either a DLP or have a responsibility for child safeguarding in your organisation, then it would be appropriate for you to attend. If you are unsure about whether you should sign up, please contact the National Youth Council of Ireland Child Protection Programme Manager Sophie Burfurd (email@example.com)
Morning tea refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Vegetarian and vegan options will be available, we regret that we are unable to cater to any specific individual dietary requests for the day.