Child Protection Awareness Programme (Delivered Online)
April 15 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm IST€50 – €60
This child protection awareness training is aimed at staff and volunteers in the youth work sector working with young people (ages 10 – 24). This training is suitable for those professionals and volunteers with general responsibilities in relation to safeguarding, but who do not have specified responsibilities in their role in relation to child protection.
Training is 2 x 2-hour sessions delivered online via Zoom with time for a break in between.
50 euro for members
60 euro for non-members
April 15th 9.30am- 2pm
Delivered online via Zoom
- Have an understanding of the relevance of child safeguarding and protection to their work;
- Be aware of the broader context for this work (legislation and guidelines)
- Have explored a range of attitudes in relation to this issue;
- Be aware of the definitions of child abuse;
- Be aware of how workers might become aware of/have concerns about abuse
- Have an understanding of the steps in a recruitment and selection process for those working with children/young people;
- Have an understanding of possible responses to dealing with disclosures/concerns/suspicions;
- Be aware of reporting procedures and responsibilities;
- Have explored how to work safely with young people
- Staff and volunteers in the youth work sector in Ireland
NYCI Child Protection Programme
This training is an interactive, active-participation online training delivered over Zoom, due to the current Covid-19 circumstances. Attendance for the whole training is required.
Access to a desktop or laptop is required (not a phone or tablet) with a working camera and microphone.
The NYCI training cancellation policy is here.