- This event has passed.
Child Protection Awareness Programme 8th of September (Delivered Online)
September 8 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm IST€50.00 – €60.00
This is a 4-hour training programme delivered by the NYCI Child Protection Programme.
This child protection awareness training is aimed at staff and volunteers working with young people (ages 10-18). This training is suitable for those professionals and volunteers with general responsibilities in relation to safeguarding, but who do not have specified responsibilities in their role in relation to child protection.
Training is 2 x 2-hour sessions with time for a short break in between. This training is an interactive, active participation online training delivered over Zoom.
50 euro for members
60 euro for non-members
Thursday 8th of September 2022.
9.30am – 1:30pm.
Delivered online via Zoom
- To understand the relevance of child safeguarding and protection to their work.
- To be aware of the broader context for this work (legislation and guidelines)
- To have explored a range of attitudes in relation to this issue.
- T be aware of the definitions of child abuse.
- To be aware of how workers might become aware of/have concerns about abuse
- To understand the steps in a recruitment and selection process for those working with children/young people.
- To understand possible responses to dealing with disclosures/concerns/suspicions.
- To be aware of reporting procedures and responsibilities.
- To have explored how to work safely with young people
- Staff and volunteers in the youth work sector in Ireland
NYCI Child Protection Programme
This training is an interactive, active participation online training delivered over Zoom. Attendance for the whole training is required.
Access to a desktop or laptop is required (not a phone or tablet) with a working camera and microphone.
Please review NYCI’s cancellation policy here before booking.
If you have queries, please contact the NYCI’s Child Protection Officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org