- This event has passed.
B4U DECIDE May 19th & 20th 2022
May 19 @ 10:00 am - May 20 @ 4:00 pm ISTFree
This is a two-day course offered in conjunction with the HSE’s Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programmes B4uDecide campaign.
This training and accompanying resource will explore the concept of delaying early sex among young people by supporting the development of sexual health competencies. Through the B4u Decide, the young people are supported to delay their first sexual experience until they feel confident, comfortable and ready. The B4u Decide accepts that some young people will become sexually active at an early age so the B4u Decide ensures that young people will receive:
Education about sexuality | Education on contraception | Education on the importance on healthy relationships
This course supports the objectives of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015- 2020; with particular reference to Goal 1: Sexual Health promotion, education and prevention where “everyone living in Ireland will receive comprehensive and age-appropriate sexual health education and/or information and will have access to appropriate prevention and promotion services.”
Available on demand or tailored
Free of charge
May 19th & 20th, 2022 10am – 4pm
Sligo Enterprise & Technology Centre, Strandhill, Co. Sligo.
- To explore a range of ways of working with young people to help them make positive and healthy decisions for themselves
- To explore friendships and what values are important in friendships
- To explore personal traits and to highlight strengths within the individuals
- To understand the role played by the media and peer pressure on young people and early sex
- To gain skills to pass onto young people in relation to saying ‘No’ and resisting pressure
- Those who work in the youth sector
- Have an interest in responding to the health needs of young people
- Have an interest in supporting the sexual health needs of young people
- National Youth Health Programme