- This event has passed.
B4U Decide/Delay – Cork
September 25 @ 10:00 am - September 26 @ 4:00 pm ISTFree
This is a two day course offered in conjunction with the HSE’s Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programmes B4uDecide campaign. This training and accompanying resource will explore the concept of delaying early sex among young people. This course supports the objectives of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015- 2020; with particular reference to Goal 1: Sexual Health promotion, education and prevention where “everyone living in Ireland will receive comprehensive and age-appropriate sexual health education and/or information and will have access to appropriate prevention and promotion services.”
Minimum of 16 and
maximum of 22 participants
Free of charge
- To look at the causes and effects of early sex and current research findings
- To understand the role played by the media and peer pressure on young people and early sex
- To explore a range of ways of working with young people to help them make positive and healthy decisions for themselves
- To gain skills to pass onto young people in relation to saying ‘No’ and resisting pressure
- To explore the role of friendship in the development of healthy relationships
Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out of school or non-formal education setting. Participants are expected to attend both days.