Ireland’s ambition is to achieve 70% renewable energy sources by 2030
So how do we move from ambition to achievement? That’s where you come in!
We need your vision and your voice to help EirGrid prepare for a cleaner energy future!
- 70% renewable sources by 2030 is the target.
- We know what that means: It means that things must change.
- We know why it’s happening: Clean energy reduces the reliance on dirty energy like coal and oil.
- But how will we do it? We need to have a major conversation across the whole country about the choices and priorities.
Shaping Ireland’s Electricity Future
To achieve 70% renewables by 2030 the four approaches outlined in EirGrid’s ‘Shaping Our Electricity Future’ consultation are:
- Generation-Led: Government policy would influence where renewable energy is generated – favouring locations where the grid is already strong.
- Developer-Led: In this approach, we continue to connect new sources of renewable electricity as requested in any location.
- Technology-Led: This approach uses technical solutions to make the grid more resilient so it can better handle the variable nature of renewable energy.
- Demand-Led: Government policy determines where large energy users locate in Ireland.
Watch this short animation now to get an overview of the future you are being asked to shape