The aim of the Sense and Sexuality 2.0 support Pack is to provide youth organisations with a comprehensive framework within which to address the issue of sexuality and sexual health with young people in a holistic manner.
This pack enables youth organisations to:
- Explore a rationale for addressing the issues of sexuality and sexual health with young people.
- Examine the links between the principles of youth work and health promotion as a foundation for this work.
- Develop an understanding of the key concepts and definitions relevant to sexuality and sexual health work with young people.
- Develop an increased awareness of the issues relating to young people’s sexuality and sexual health as identified by current research.
- Consider the concept of sexuality education in its broadest terms.
- Apply a practical framework for planning, implementing, and evaluating sexuality education programmes.
- Examine the relevance of the organisation’s ethos and values base in the context of this work.
- Consider good practice guidelines for promoting supportive social and physical environments for young people and workers engaged in this work.
- Explore the rationale, purpose and process for developing a sexuality policy.
- Examine the key issues for consideration in relation to the development of a sexuality policy.
- Examine the issue of partnership as it pertains to this work.