STEAM in Youth Work Support Services. Report on a final evaluation survey 2021
This independent report by Sinéad Begley & Associates highlights the successes of NYCI’s STEAM in Youth Work project to date. It paints an inspiring picture of a diverse range of practice that is emerging in the field covering electronics, robotics, coding, sustainability, ecology, botanical art, light, space, the universe and more. It has evidenced the very valuable role of youth work, alternative and non-formal education in creating access to fun, hands-on STEAM learning opportunities for young people from backgrounds that are underrepresented in STEAM.
At the same time, it provides a range of useful recommendations for other bodies with interests in youth work and STEAM education and public engagement, including:
- Frontline youth work organisations
- Youth work representative and capacity-building bodies
- Organisations that deliver higher education for youth workers
- Informal science communicators
- STEAM, art and cultural institutions
- Funders of STEAM education and public engagement
- Various local and national statutory organisations.
STEAM in Youth Work is funded by the Science Foundation of Ireland.
NYCI STEAM Report on Final Evaluation Survey