The National Youth Council of Ireland’s Equality & Intercultural Programme wishes to recruit a Part-time Equality and Intercultural Project Officer.
The successful candidate will work towards the implementation of the NYCI’s Equality and Intercultural Programme focusing on a project linking young people in the International Protection System with youth work organisations on a national, basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a third level qualification in an intercultural, equality or community and youth work related field
- Have at least 4 years’ experience working in a Youth Work or Voluntary and Community setting intercultural, equality or youth related work.
- Have experience of working with minority ethnic young people in the International Protection system.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equality, Interculturalism, Inclusion and Social Justice
- Have experience of relationship building with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience establishing and/or supporting Networks or Committees
- Experience of planning and event organisation such as conferences, training seminars and workshops.
- Experience of devising, organising, and delivering training/Continuing Professional Development to the NGO sector – including in an online format.
- Experience in working in partnership directly with youth workers, youth leaders, and minority ethnic young people.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written communication, organisational and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team.
This is a part-time (28 hours per week) fixed term post from February to November 2023. Flexible working hours apply.
A full job description and application form is available here
Please send Application Form & cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications 12pm Wednesday 23rd January 2023.
Aim to hold interviews on 31st January 2023
The National Youth Council of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.