Updated Guidance for Youth Organisations on Resuming Full Services after Covid-19
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs have asked us to make you aware that version 5 of this guidance has been published
A link to this updated document has now been included in the DCYA/NYCI official Covid-19 Induction for Youth Services. Upon completion of the short e-learning induction, you will be awarded a certificate that you can present to your employer/service.
It is worth noting that the new guidance recognises that youth work provides a controlled environment for young people.
Also youth work is seen within the children, childcare and educational sphere and the guidance acknowledges that.
Some of the significant changes in version 5 of the guidance include:
- We must continue with groups no larger than 12 young people with 2 or 3 youth workers indoors or outdoors
- Youth organisations may operate multiple groups if they have sufficient space and strict public health protocols are in place
- Physical large group work should stop until further guidance is issued
- Face coverings should now be worn where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Youth service transport can operate with the additional measures outlined.