NYCI is running a campaign in August and September on behalf of our members, to ensure that the Government is aware of the need to increase investment in youth work ahead of Budget 2023.
We’re currently developing and planning the campaign, and as part of that are gathering stories from individual youth workers to highlight the life-changing impact of youth work.
We will be taking a similar approach to the social media storytelling we used in the Budget22 campaign, and the storytelling Humans of Dublin has recently been doing for causes.
We are looking for youth workers who would be interested in telling their stories in this campaign.
We need people who are:
- Passionate about youth work and its power to change lives
- Good storytellers, who are confident and comfortable in talking about their experiences
What we will be asking them to do:
- Fill out a quick form so we can get some background information
- Attend a storytelling session on Thursday 4th August at 18:00-19:30 where they will be interviewed about their experiences. These will be done remotely over Zoom.
- Supply a photo of themselves for use in this campaign
- Possibly speak to media about their experience – optional
- Youth workers can share stories even if they don’t want to use their photos or speak to media, and stories that contain sensitive details will be anonymised if necessary.
How you can help:
- Please contact any youth workers from your organisation who you think might be suitable for this.
- Send them this form to complete.
If you have any questions about this campaign which we are very excited about, please get in touch with Daniel Meister, NYCI Communications Manager: email@example.com